Since 1996 Zher-Ana started to work as a partner of international consultancy companies for irrigation and drainage projects and provided with construction drawings international constrictors since 1998. Said works were funded by the International Bank ащк Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the Asian Development Bank (ADB.)
During a period of 1996 to 1997 Zher-Ana signed a subconsultancy agreement with consultants Harza Engineering Company International L.R. for preparation of feasibility study for the Makhtaaral subproject covered 16414 hectare as a part of the Irrigation and Drainage Improvement Project (IDIP) funded through the IBRD.
The assignment included a wild range of rehabilitation works of irrigation and drainage networks, vertical drainage wells (VDW), power supply lines and feasibility study of the project.
Services were provided over the course of the contract included:
- condition surveys of VDW, the irrigation and drainage system and power supply lines;
- agro-economic investigations;
- lithological surveys (by a choice);
- computer modeling of the irrigation and drainage system covering the project conditions;
- coordination of design proposals with farming communities (former start farms) and
- coordination of design proposals with raion and oblast authorities.
Services for 15 months cost in order US$ 33700 of the Contract.
Under two sub-consultancy signed in 1997/98 with consultants JV Mott MacDonald Temelsu a new technical economic report and tender documents for the IDIP Makhtaaral subproject covered 9607 hectare were prepared.
It was assigned to decrease the area previously covered by the FS from 16414 hectare to 10000 hectare accompanied with an adjustment of rehabilitation scope for the irrigation and drainage system, VDW, power supply lines and in conjunction with the economical and financial analysis.
The subconsultancy agreement required preparation of tender documents including the decreased scope of the subproject.
In the course of two contracts the following services were provided:
- inventory of framers infrastructure was carried out several times was linked with privatisation of the agricultural sector;
- Note: the subproject during preparation of the FS and tender documents covered 9607 hectare and in accord to the verified data it included 9936 hectare;
- environmental impact assessment;
- coordination the project proposals with the farming communities;
- coordination the project proposals with raion and oblast authorities;
- activities to obtain the ecological expertise at the Ministry of Ecology RoK;
- activities to obtain the state construction expertise at the South Kazakhstan State Ecological Department RoK and preparation of tender documents.
Services for 16 months cost in order US$ 137500 of the Contract
During the period of 1998 2001 a team was formed from Zher-Anas specialists worked together with the main international Bulgarian contractor GlavBulgarStroi VodnoStopanstvo through the subcontract preparing construction drawings for the IDIP Makhtaaral subproject covered 9936 hectare. For construction drawings preparation Zher-Ana based the office in the construction site Myrzakent.
Drawings were prepared for:
- rehabilitation of irrigation canals - 190 km;
- reconstruction and construction of hydro structures on irrigation canals in total 1037nr;
- rehabilitation of surface inter-farm and on-farm collectors - 177.6 km;
- reconstruction and construction of hydro structures on surface inter-farm and on-farm collectors in total 45 nr;
- reconstruction of highway bridges in total 11 nr;
- refurbishment of pumping stations on the irrigation network 1 PS;
- construction of vertical drainage wells and their infrastructure in total 57 VDW;
- construction of power supply lines for the pumping station and VDWs 92 km and
- construction of monitoring wells in total 93 nr,
Services for 11 months cost in order US$ 103700 of the Contract.
Topographical works were carried out together with the partner State Enterprise Shymkentgeodesy.
From 1999 to 2005 period Zher-Ana formed the second team of local consultants working in association with Mott MacDonald and Temelsu for the Water Resources Management and Land Improvement Project (WRMLIP) funded by the ADB. The total project area covered 39259 hectare which was implemented in two phases, i.e. 23 868 hectare was the Phase I area, 15 391 hectare was the Phase II area.
Twenty-one specialists were involved into the project, 4 participated in the institutional assistance, 2 carried out monitoring and evaluation, 4 worked over the development of computer models, 9 designers including hydrogeologist, hydrotechnician, mechanical engineer, electrical engineer and construction engineer and one procurement specialist.
Originally the local consultancy cost $US 391000 for 391 months.
Two FS were prepared under the project and tender documents, prequalification documents for construction companies originated form the legal ADB country members. Prequalification evaluation report was prepared on the basis of FIDIC guidelines. In the course of the WRMLIP activities were carried out for establishment of new institutional structures (WUA and RCC) formed for effective recovery of the ADB loans. Three computer models were developed for operation of the rehabilitated project area.
Under the projects were provided facilities for procurement and installation of a new automatic weather station in the site of the existing one. Data obtained from the station and pilot areas were used for the models database.
Investigations, economic and ecological component of the project were carried out by the key Zher-Anas group through different addenda to the main sub-consultancy agreement with Mott MacDonald. Scopes of addenda are listed below:
- Condition Survey of Irrigation and Drainage Network;
- Condition Survey of Power Supply Network (together with Uzhenergoproject);
- Agro - and Socio-economic Surveys including the economic and financial analysis;
- Topographical Surveys (together with Shymkentgeodesy);
- Lithological surveys and hydrological monitoring (together with HAE);
- Soil surveys (together with HAE);
- Automation of water supply and water distribution (together with Suaautomatica);
- Environmental impact assessment (together with ECO Ltd.
Services for 35 months cost in order US$ 805000 of the Contract.
Designers of domestic consultants were working over coordination of the project proposals for environmental and economical project components. Project proposals were agreed with farmers, representatives of RCC and WUA, raion and oblast authorities, after all the ecological and state expertise were obtained at the South Kazakhstan Department of the State Expertise and approved by the Construction Committee of Kazakhstan separately for each phase of the project.
From 2002 to 2005 the large group of Zher-Anas specialists was working with the international main contractor Todini prepared construction drawings for
WRMLIP Phase I area 23868 hectare. Zher-Ana established the office in Zhetysai for preparation of the construction documents.
In the course of the project drawings were prepared for:
- rehabilitation of irrigation canals 477.27 km;
- rehabilitation and construction of hydro structures on irrigation canals in total 2388 nr;
- rehabilitation of inter-farm and on-farm surface collectors 207.7 km;
- rehabilitation and construction of hydro structures on inter-farm and on-farm collectors in total 99 nr;
- rehabilitation of highway bridges in total 22 nr;
- refurbishment of pumping stations in total 20 nr;
- construction of vertical drainage wells in total 95 nr;
- construction of power supply lines for pumping stations and VDW 177.16 km;
- construction of monitoring wells in total 153 nr.
In 2004 through the tender results Water Resources Committee awarded Zher-Ana two detailed design for the potable water supply Rehabilitation Project of Darbasinsk Group Water Pipeline in Saryagash raion of South Kazakhstan Oblast and the Rehabilitation of Zhetysai Group Water Pipeline in Makhtaaral Raion South Kazakhstan Oblast.
The Darbasinsk pipeline had to provide 40 residential sites of Saruagash raion (82 km) with total population 40 th and water consumption 9120 m3 per day. The Zhetysai pipeline (64.2 km) had to supply potable water for 27 residential sites with total population 84.5 th and water consumption 15500 m3 per a day.
Both projects had common nature and included the following activities:
- condition surveys of water intake structures, water networks and power supply lines;
- design works;
- coordination the project with interested organisations;
- to obtain the state construction expertise.
Services for 12 months cost in order US$:
- 62000 for the Darbasinsk pipeline;
- 42500 for the Zhetysai pipeline.
Zher-Ana in addition to consulting provides with engineering services for construction supervision (the IDIP Makhtaaral sub-project and WRMLIP Phase I.)
Services for 48 months cost in order US$ 179133.
In 1999 the Support Team was formed by Zher-Ana specialists in Zhetysai assisting farmers through established WUA and RCC of Phase I and II WRMLIP.
Services for 63 months cost in order US$ 135757.
For the Water Supply and Sewerage Rural Project for the ADB 2006-KAZ loan and under the assignment in 2005 of the State City Building Department of Makhtaaral Raion South Kazakhstan Zher-Ana has worked out two detailed design for the following components:
1. Rehabilitation of rural water supply systems in the farm Zhambyl with total population 821, water consumption 85.65 m3/day. The length of the water pipe is 4.3 km.
2. Rehabilitation of the rural water supply systems in the farm Aden-Ata with total population 433 and water consumption 115 m3/day. The length of the water pipe is 5.28km.
3. Project: «Reconstruction of water supply systems in the settlement Ketebay in Maktaral district SKO», water delivery to the settlement with the population of 1562 people, water consumption 148m3/day. The length of the distribution network is 8.111km.
The approximate cost of the Contract for settlement Zhambyl - $ 10,985, Aden-Ata - $ 11,742,Ketebay - $ 32,792.
In 2008 two feasibility studies were developed on water supply systems in SKO.
FS Reconstruction of the water supply systems in rural settlements from Zhetisay group water supply system in Maktaaral SKO (II order). The source of funding Republican budget, cost of services 4.4 KZT mln.
FS Water supply of the settlement Asykata in Maktaaral SKO . The source of funding local budget, cost of the design and survey works 1,8 KZT mln.
In 2009 in accordance with the approved FS the Project Construction of the water supply systems in the settlement Asykata in Maktaaral SKO providing portable water to the total population of 14000 people was developed. The length of the water supply network is 197km. The cost of the design and survey works 34.5 KZT mln.
During the period of 2008-2010 the projects of reconstruction of water supply systems from Zhetisay group water supply system were developed in eight settlements in Maktaaral district SKO: Abay, Dostyk, Gulistan, Khaidar, Mirzashol, Besketik, Koksu and KrasnayaZvezda with total population of 17,100 people.
At the expense of the local budget on the basis of Darbazinsk group water supply system in Saryagash region the projects to 8 settlements were developed: Maktashy, Algabas, Bayterek, Kilem, Zhambyl, Amanzhar, Ushkin and Besauil with total population of 7,500 people. The cost of the design and survey works 11,95 KZT mln.
During the period of 2011-2012 two large projects were developed under Akbulak program commissioned by the Committee for Water Resources of the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Kazakhstan. The source of funding Republican budget.
Construction of Talap group water supply system in Zhanakorgan region in Kizylorda. The project is planned to cover 12 settlements with total population of 15000 people with central water supply. Total length of the water supply network is 247.96km. The construction cost - 6 128.256 KZT mln. The cost of the design and survey works 136.675 KZT mln.
Construction of Syrdarya group water supply system in Zhanakorgan region in Kizylorda.
The project is planned to cover 6 settlements with total population of 23 000 people with central water supply. Total length of the water supply network is 248.97km. The construction cost - 6 877,251 KZT mln. The cost of the design and survey works 125.125 KZT mln.
In 2013 by order of Ontustikauyzsu Kazvodkhoz RSE the project Reconstruction of the water supply systems in rural settlements from Zhetisay group water supply system in Maktaaral SKO (II line) was developed which provides portable water to 8 rural settlements in Maktaaral district. The cost of the design and survey works 49 404.4 KZT mln. The construction cost 1 304 897 KZT mln.
Large scopes of design and survey works were developed for hydraulic structures and waterworks facilities. In 2009-2010 the following projects have been completed and handed over:
- Project «Reconstruction of Koshkurgan reservoir in Turkestan region SKO». The construction cost - 117,065 KZT mln. The cost of the design and survey works 4,625 KZT mln.
- Project «Elimination of the landslide phenomena on the right bank slope of the Shardara HPS». The construction cost - 183,169 KZT mln. The cost of the design and survey works 4,632 KZT mln.
- Project «Capital repair of Shert reservoir in Turkestan district SKO». The construction cost - 341.874 KZT mln. The cost of the design and survey works 12.734 KZT mln.
- Project «Capital repair of Sasyk-Bulak reservoir in Turkestan district SKO». The construction cost - 386.573 KZT mln. The cost of the design and survey works 25.132 KZT mln.
- Project «Reconstruction of the abductor networks for 218 drainage wells to cover partially the irrigation water shortages in Maktaaral region SKO». The construction cost - 571.995 KZT mln. The cost of the design and survey works 16.318 KZT mln.
- Project «Capital repair of Badam reservoir control structures and installation of water measuring devices and automation of water control system in the Toleby district in SKO». The construction cost - 261.488 KZT mln. The cost of the design and survey works 14.077 KZT mln.
- Project Reconstruction of Turkestan trunk (TMT) PC 0 to PC 496 in Ordabasy district of South Kazakhstan Oblast». The construction cost - 1 050.349 KZT mln. The cost of the design and survey works 37.282 KZT mln.
- Project «Reconstruction of interfarm channel K-30 with hydraulic structure with automation of water accounting and water reticulation in Maktaral district SKO».
The construction cost 6 256.058 KZT mln. The cost of the design and survey works 142.465 KZT mln.
From 2012 till 2014 by order of Shymkent Construction Department SI FS and projects of the 1st and 2nd orders of the projects «Recreation of the river Badam in Shymkent», «Recreation of the river Badam in Shymkent from oil refinery bridge till micro district Zabadam» were developed. The construction cost 6 948 KZT mln., The cost of the design and survey works 109.15 KZT mln.
In 2014-2015 by order of «Special Economic Zone «Chemical Park Taraz» JSC we have developed the project Main supply of domestic fresh and fire water to SEZ Taraz Chemical Park in Shu district Zhambyl oblast, it is foreseen to cover 16 chemical sites in Special Economic Zone with domestic freshwater. The construction cost 7.90 KZT milliard. The cost of the design and survey works 278.0 KZT mln.
The project scope:
1. Water abstraction intake with fish protection device and first stage pumping station with discharge capacity 41085 m3/day.
2. Main supply from 2 strings of polythene pipe d=630mm, length 35.5 km.
3. On-site water treatment facilities including:
a) Second stage pumping station for domestic freshwater purposes;
b) Second stage pumping station for fire water purposes;
c) Reservoirs for technical and domestic purposes;
d) Drinking water preparation plant.
At the present time the project is under implementation.
In 2015-2016 by order of the Academy of the agricultural science of the Republic of Kazakhstan the project Construction of the irrigation systems for seed production using the renewable energy sources in Turar Ryskulov region in Zhambyl oblast was developed.
Innovational technologies are implemented in this project the usage of the solar batteries of the domestic manufacturer Astana Solar, LLP.
The cost of the design and survey works 7.4 KZT mln. The construction cost - 120.02 KZT mln.